Our History

The first building of the congregation was constructed in 1849, and was located on North Morris Street. A second building was erected in 1880 on Church Street, and remained in use up through 1925, until it was destroyed by a large fire that swept through downtown Waynesburg. The congregation had already begun the construction of our present facility when the fire occurred – the first service of worship held in our current building took place on October 31, 1926.