Our History

The first building of the congregation was constructed in 1849, and was located on North Morris Street. A second building was erected in 1880 on Church Street, and remained in use up through 1925, until it was destroyed by a large fire that swept through downtown Waynesburg. The congregation had already begun the construction of our present facility when the fire occurred – the first service of worship held in our current building took place on October 31, 1926.

Beginning with the Cumberland Presbyterians in the 1830's, and continuing down through the years, the congregation has been affiliated with a number of reformed and Presbyterian bodies. Our congregation is currently ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians.